A question that many Jio phone users asked, how to block a number in Jio phone?
Keeping in this mind I have written this detailed article, in which I’ll explain to you step by step guide on how to block a number in jio phone using jiochat and jiosecurity.
If you are a Jio phone user then you should read this article carefully, so that you can block or blacklist any unknown number on your phone.
Whenever it comes to blacklist unwanted or spam calls on Android phones it is a 1 to 2 step process but in jio phone, this process is more complicated but don’t worry I’ll explain it in a very simple way.
Actually, I will tell you 2 methods on how to block a number in jio phone. In the first method, I will explain how to block calls using Jio Chat, and in the second method how to block calls using Jio Security.
So, Let’s get started
How To Block Number In Jio Phone Using Jio Chat
Now I am going to tell you the first method by using Jio Chat in a step-by-step process.
Before going deep into the article make sure that your data connection is turned on in your Jio phone. If your data connection is turned off then this method will not work.
Just follow these simple steps
- First press the Menu button, after that you will number app icons.
- Then find the ‘Jio Chat’ icon and click on it.
- Now after opening the Jio chat you will see your phone’s contact list.
- Then click on “Option” at the right bottom corner of your phone screen.
- After clicking on the “Option” button you will see two options “New Group” and “Setting”, simply click on the “Setting” option.
Now you will see multiple options like this
- Chat Setting
- Security and Privacy
- Clear all chat history
- Just you have to click on the “Security and Privacy” option on the phone.
- Then you will see add an option at the left bottom corner of your phone screen.
- Now select the contact that you want to block on your phone and then hit the ok button.
You have successfully blocked the contact in your Jio phone by using Jiochat.
If you have blocked a number and want to unblock it, just remove that number from the block list.
If this method is not working on your Jio phone then try this second method using Jio Security.
How To Block Number In Jio Phone Using Jio Security
Now I am going to tell you the second method by using Jio Security in a step-by-step process.
Just follow these steps
- First, open the Jio Security App from the home screen of your phone.
- Then swipe up and find the Device Screen.
- After that select the “Call Blocking” Feature.
- If you want to block all unknown number calls and messages then you should click on “Block All Unknown Callers”.
- Or if you wish to block any specific number then you should click on the “+” button at the right bottom corner of your phone screen.
- Then add the number from your contact list or call logs that you wish to block.
- After selecting the number just click on the OK button to confirm it.
You have successfully blocked the unknown number in your jio phone by using Jio Security.
If you have blocked any number by mistake and want to unblock it.
Just follow these steps.
- Open Jio Security App and go-to Device Screen section.
- Then click on the ‘Call Blocking’ option
- After clicking on the ‘Call Blocking’ option you will see all blocked numbers.
- Simply select the number that you want to remove from the block list and then click on the ok or delete option to remove that number from the list.
So, that is how to block a number in jio phone. We have explained two easy and simple methods that you can follow very easily.
If you have any questions regarding this article then comment down below, I will reply to your query as soon as possible.
If you liked this article, then share it with your friends who are using Jio phone because sharing is caring.